This investment workshop organised by the European Commission (DG Financial stability, financial services and capital markets union) targeted the relevant stakeholders and brought together companies investing in the EU, industry associations, Member State authorities, representatives of civil society as well as the relevant Commission services.
In the years to come Europe will need to mobilise vast financial resources, mainly long-term, namely to meet commitments related to climate change and digitalisation. In this context, the workshop focused on the future of investment protection and investment facilitation in the EU. Its aim was
- to give investors an opportunity to provide feedback on their practical experiences with intra-EU cross-border investments and to identify potential problems/weaknesses of the current system;
- to give stakeholders the opportunity to discuss possible ways forward to improve protection and facilitation of investments under EU law.
- financial market | financial services | banking policy
- Brussels, Belgium
- Livestreaming tilgængelig
- Charlemagne building, Meeting room Lord JenkinsCharlemagne building, Meeting room Lord Jenkins, Rue de la Loi 170, 1040 Brussels, Belgium