In the context of the capital markets union action plan, the European Commission organised a public hearing on how to make markets work better for retail investors. Fostering retail investments is one of the key objectives of the action plan launched by the Commission in 2015.
We debated the importance of rebuilding confidence of retail investors, but also wondered if the distribution of retail investment products fits for purpose. We also shed light on the new EU regulatory framework and how to make sure it works. Finally, we addressed the question of the emergence of new distribution models developed by Fintech and how it can lead to better outcomes for retail investors.
- Agenda of the public hearing
- Study on the distribution systems of retail investment products
- Opening speech by Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis
Video of the public hearing
- capital markets union | financial services | banking policy
- Brussels, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- Centre Albert Borschette,Centre Albert Borschette,, Rue Froissart 36,, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Social media links