- financial services | banking policy
- Brussels, Belgium
- Otseülekanne on vaadatav
For the benefit of stakeholders who were not able to participate in the public hearing, the day's proceedings were broadcast live via web streaming. The recording can be accessed via the following link
- Albert Borschette Congress CenterAlbert Borschette Congress Center, Rue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
The Commission is undertaking a review of Regulation 648/2012 on OTC derivatives, central counterparties and trade repositories (EMIR) as required by Article 85(1) thereof.
In order to gather stakeholder input into the review, the Commission services held a public hearing for stakeholders in Brussels on 29 May 2015. The hearing was opened by Lord Hill, Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, and focused on the following broad issues
- requirements for central counterparties
- requirements for non-financial corporate counterparties
- clearing and risk mitigation requirements
- trade repositories and trade reporting requirements
Panels to discuss these themes comprised representatives from trade associations, infrastructures and regulatory bodies. Presentations from the panel members were followed by audience question and answer sessions.
A summary report from the public hearing can be found under the following link:
The agenda can be found under the following link