- Data de publicação
- 28 de março de 2018 (Última atualização em: 14 de fevereiro de 2019)
- Direção-Geral da Estabilidade Financeira, dos Serviços Financeiros e da União dos Mercados de Capitais
- Departamento conexo
- Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
Under current rules, there is no difference for euro area consumers or businesses if they carry out euro transactions in their own country or with another country of the euro area.
In March 2018, the Commission presented a proposal to extend this benefit to non-euro countries. This will allow all consumers and businesses in the EU to fully reap the benefits of the Single Market when they send money, withdraw cash or pay abroad.
- Press release
- Frequently asked questions
- Text of the proposal, impact assessment and summary of the impact assessment
- Study on the extension of Regulation (EC) No 924/2009 to currencies of Member States outside the euro area
On 14 February 2019 the European Parliament adopted the proposal.