- Data tal-pubblikazzjoni
- 23 Novembru 2016
- Direttorat Ġenerali għall-Istabilità Finanzjarja, is-Servizzi Finanzjarji u l-Unjoni tas-Swieq Kapitali
On 23 November 2016 the Commission proposed amendments to the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and to the banking prudential requirements directive and regulation (known as CRD IV/CRR). The amendments include measures that will further strengthen the European resolution framework and the ability of relevant authorities to achieve resolution outcomes that are effective in safeguarding financial stability and public funds.
- Press release
- Frequently asked questions
- Proposal for a directive amending Directive 2014/59/EU as regards the ranking of unsecured debt instruments in insolvency hierarchy
- Proposal for a directive amending Directive 2014/59/EU on loss absorption and recapitalisation capacity of credit institutions and investment firms
- Proposal for a Directive amending Directive 2013/36/EU (CRD IV) as regards exempted entities, financial holding companies, mixed financial holding companies, remuneration, supervisory measures and powers and capital conservation measures
- Proposal for a Regulation amending Regulation (EU) No 575/2013 (CRR) as regards the leverage ratio, the net stable funding ratio, requirements for own funds and eligible liabilities, counterparty credit risk, market risk, exposures to central counterparties, exposures to collective investment undertakings, large exposures, reporting and disclosure requirements and amending Regulation (EU) No 648/2012
- Impact assessment accompanying the proposal
- Summary of the impact assessment accompanying the proposal
- Factsheet: A strong financial system
On 16 April 2019 the European Parliament endorsed the final agreement on a comprehensive set of reforms proposed by the Commission to strengthen further resilience and resolvability of EU banks.
As part of the review the Commission held 2 targeted consultations in May 2016 to gather stakeholders' views.
The Commission also held a public consultation in July 2015 to respond to reporting requirements under the banking prudential requirements regulation.
- Consultation on the potential impact of capital requirements rules on bank financing of the economy.