Mobilising finance for more sustainable investments is essential to translate the European Union's climate change, environmental and sustainable policy goals into tangible results. The current financial framework needs to be reformed to better align capital flows with a pathway to sustainable development and growth.
At the end of 2016, the European Commission established a High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance to help develop a comprehensive, overarching EU strategy on sustainable finance. After six months of intensive work, the expert group has summarised first results and policy options in its interim report.
The public hearing allowed stakeholders to provide feedback to the European Commission and the High-Level Expert Group on barriers to and possible solutions for increasing sustainable finance, and ways to establish a more sustainable financial system.
Questionnaire on sustainable finance interim report
The public hearing also gave the HLEG the opportunity to present a questionnaire aimed at gathering targeted feedback on the analysis and reflections in the interim report of the High-Level Expert Group and informing the preparation of the final report.
Stakeholders could respond to the questionnaire on sustainable finance interim report between 18 July and 20 September 2017.
Programme and speakers
Presentations and speeches
- Speech by Vice-President Dombrovskis
- Speech by Bianca Jagger
- Speech by Christian Thimann
- Presentation by Christian Thimann
- Speech by Gabriele Giuglietti
- Presentation by Gabriele Giuglietti
- Presentation by Mark Lewis
- Speech by Levin Holle
- financial services | sustainable finance
- Brussels, Belgium
- Otseülekanne on vaadatav
- Rue de la Loi, 170, Charlemagne building, Room Alcide de GasperiRue de la Loi, 170, Charlemagne building, Room Alcide de Gasperi, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
- Social media links