- Publication date
- 2 February 2022 (Last updated on: 11 July 2022)
- Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
On 2 February 2022, the Commission approved in principle a Complementary Climate Delegated Act including, under strict conditions, specific nuclear and gas energy activities in the list of economic activities covered by the EU taxonomy. The draft was formally adopted on 9 March 2022, when the language versions in all EU official languages were made available. It was then transmitted to the co-legislators for the scrutiny period, which ended on 11 July 2022 without any objection. The Complementary Delegated Act has been published in the Official Journal on 15 July 2022. It will apply from 1 January 2023.
The criteria for the specific gas and nuclear activities are in line with EU climate and environmental objectives and will help accelerating the shift from solid or liquid fossil fuels, including coal, towards a climate-neutral future.
- Press release
- Frequently asked questions
- Text of the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2022/1214 of 9 March 2022 amending Delegated Regulation (EU) 2021/2139 as regards economic activities in certain energy sectors and Delegated Regulation (EU) 2021/2178 as regards specific public disclosures for those economic activities
- Factsheet: EU taxonomy accelerating sustainable investments