- Datum objave
- 7. maj 2020
- Povezani oddelek
- Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
On 7 May 2020, the European Commission adopted an action plan for a comprehensive Union policy on preventing money laundering and terrorism financing.
The action plan builds on six pillars
- Effective implementation of existing rules
- A single EU rulebook
- EU-level supervision
- A support and cooperation mechanism for financial intelligence units
- Better use of information to enforce criminal law
- A stronger EU in the world
The Commission intends to deliver on all these actions by early 2021. To gather the views of citizens and stakeholder on these measures, the Commission launched a public consultation in parallel to the adoption of this action plan. Feedback is welcome until 26 August 2020.
The actions outlined in the action plan build on the findings of the anti-money laundering package of 2019, which highlighted fragmentation of rules, uneven supervision and limitations in the cooperation among financial intelligence units across the EU.